Monday, September 5, 2011

Y? Because We Like You!

BYU students know that potential graduates, in addition to traditional academic requirements, have to complete two other tasks before receiving their degrees: eat at J Dawg's, and climb the Y. (Okay, so those aren't real requirements...depending on who you talk to.)


Well, somehow during my three years at BYU, I managed to avoid ever hiking the Y. Not sure how that happened - I don't think I was doing it intentionally. Then I found out that Jacob had never climbed it, either, amazingly enough...we were planning on doing it sometime, but then things happened so quickly...we left Provo, and then we were out of Utah, and before I knew it, I thought I had lost any opportunity of seeing the Y up close.


My theory is that, subconsciously, that missed opportunity was what drove us to live in Provo over the summer. So, to avoid ever having to go back, we finally climbed the Y.


Another "Life To Do" completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment